Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Going Well

The first two days have gone well. I've backed way off on my carb intake. Definitely, no COOKIES. I was actually down 2 pounds this morning, but I think I had too much salt over the weekend. I'm packing my food for each day which helps me stay on track. I'm going to keep focusing on the carbs and see where I need to adjust things next week. I don't want to do too much too soon! That will never work.

I like to have protein in the morning. Actually, I like cereal but there's way too many carbs in a bowl of cereal, so I try to have protein without eating a Sausage/Egg Biscuit from McD's. So:

Egg cups....

Mix eggs together in a bowl (I use eggs and egg whites so I'm not eating too many whole eggs)
Spray a muffin tin with Pam
Pour egg mixture into each cup - fill about 1/2 way
Add to each cup a little bit of cheese and cubed ham or bacon bits
Bake in the oven at 350 until done
(I used 4 eggs and 5 egg whites and baked for about 16 minutes.... it only filled 8 muffin cups)

Heat up in the morning and eat on a dinner potato roll - has a little over 1 carb serving.

Favorite Snack: 1 carb serving
1 oz cheese
1 apple
1/4 c sunflower seeds (low fat, good protein, very low carbs)

3 comments:

Ashley said...

those egg cups sound great. i used to make them with a biscuit on the bottom, but I never thought about leaving it out.

If you think you had too much salt over the weekend, just add a squirt of lemon juice to a few of your waters for a couple of days and that should take care of it for you!

Im making those egg cups in the morning!

Giddy-Up said...

Good to know about the lemon juice! I'll be adding them to my grocery list! Thanks!

morewineplease said...

I wanted to Stop by and welcome you to the OSB!!!
I wish you the best of luck... and any advice you have the rest of us send on over!