Monday, October 13, 2008

The first day

I stepped on the scale this morning in hopes that it's the last time I'll ever see that number. 268. There, I "said" it. That will probably be the one and only time I "say" it, on this blog or ever.

My diet plan.... diabetic, which limits the amount of carbs I eat. I didn't actually do the calculations yet (I'm hoping to do that tonight)....but I'm starting with 9-10 carb servings per day. In case you're interested, or don't know, there's 15 grams of carbs in 1 carb serving.

Today is my first day back to work full time, which makes it easier to eat healthfully, however it completely stinks to know I won't see my baby until 5 pm, at the earliest. (I left her at 7:30 this morning). I know I'll get used to it. I have with her older sister, but I think there's a part of me that would rather not get used to it.

My exercise plan... I fully plan to incorporate exercise into all this. Even if it's just a 30 minute walk around the neighborhood. Once I get situated working full time with two kids, I want to hit the gym. I LOVE lifting weights. It's just a matter of making the time and getting over my "people are looking at me" issues. And once I start, it'll be that much easier to keep going. Everyone knows, you feel so much better after working out!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

youre right. it is sooo much easier when i am not sitting around at home. the exercise portion i can honestly say has made the biggest difference for me. glad you have a plan! stick to it. we will keep you accountable!

how did your first day go?